Next (date to be set)
- set bitcoin-qt to start on boot (like here) – no.4 systemd looks best I think.
- connect up the node to the clickforcharity.net site, as per the plug-in’s instructions. I have asked about the necessity of ssh here.
12 Feb 2020
Secure the pi ready for use.
6 Feb 2020
- change password and my user, get rid of user pi.
- Do some basic securtity (no idea what but I know there is stuff to be done!)
- I think I got the port forwarding working, bitnodes recognizes it.
- Write down how to set up pi to boot without having to plug in screen etc. on the pi page)
15 Nov 2020
- How to make it so the Pi will boot up without having to plug in the screen?
And, if the node is fully synced:
- check that the node is accepting incoming connections and set up the router etc if it is not.
- Connect the node up to the website.
8 Nov 2020
Reformatted the ext drive as ext4 and restarted the bitcoind. Seems to be ok. The last one stopped at 227893 blocks remaining.
Set up blockchain directory (on exxternal drive TOSHIBA_EXT
started download of blockchain
Ok for a couple of days then it just stopped. No message, no indicator except that the number of blocks had stopped increasing. Closed (quit) and rebooted. Now it says the disk is full, although it clearly is not full…
So First I need to find out why it is saying it is full. Then how to prevent this happening again. (it was a faulty USB lead),