A cheap VPS to run some websites on as a test.
* 100 GB Pure-SSD Storage Space (RAID-10 + BBU)
* 3 GB Dedicated RAM
* 3,000 GB Outbound Bandwidth (per month)
* 1Gbps Uplink
* 2 Dedicated IPv4 Addresses
* 1 CPU Core
* 20 Gbps DDoS Protection
Installed and running
Trying out cyberpanel. Docs for it seem good and are here. Using nimno.eu to test it out.
Installing via instructions here.
Azdigi has some pages and videos that might be useful.
So far Cyberpanel seems to have all we need to provide web hosting.
- Includes mail server.
- It even has reseller accounts.
- The UI is pleasant to use and much easier for a new user to get used to than DirectAdmin or cPanel.
- SSL is really easy for the user to install.
- We can set whatever limits we need to for any user.
- Free and open source
- uses litespeed
- Auto-installer for WordPress and a few others.
- The version with full litespeed server is free up to 2GB ram and 1 domain so we could use cheap VPS for each user.
So far, so good. But…
The free verion will not reload the .htaccess after it’s been modified. Possible solutions to go below:
- A user in the support forum had the beginnings of an idea, to write a daemon to monitor the home folder for changes and then restart. But restart is not ideal.
- Surely it can’t be this easy, can it?
- Maybe it is… this is for openlitespeed, apparently. There will be a way!
- This should work if all else fails, cron job to check every 3 mins for changed .htaccess files and reload them.