It’s on github
This would be a useful addition to the clickforcharity.net site, so that users can get the most out of faucets etc. Using a list site that is now gone, I found I could double the income for the time spent. It saves wasting time visiting sites that are not yet ready or forgetting to visit ones that are. Much more efficient.
- It’s a user filled list of sites with a timer set for each one.
- No need to remember which ones are ready, or having to keep lots of tabs open.
- Can set up a few with our reflinks to start with
- If users keep the page open that will get us more JSEcoin and TUBE.
- We can see which sites are most popular.
- Links will have clickforcharity in the http_referer header so sites will see they are getting traffic from us.
There is a page set up on the site using a custom plug-in. Screenshot. It will only work properly for logged-in users so I also need to find a way to make it only available to logged in users. Maybe the existing youzer plug-in can do that, I don’t want to install the Members plug-in just for that.
- Ability to add their own links.
- Ability to remove entries.
- If the plug-in is disabled and then re-enabled it loses all the sites that a user has entered.
- Since writing the below items, the timers have stopped working altogether. Could be after upgrading the php version. See notes below this list.
- The plug-in also causes Gutenberg editor to give error “Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.” when saving with the shortcode entered. When I put in something else instead of [faucet_script] it is fine. (The link may give some insight)
- Sites that are ready (timer) could go to top of list and the button color changes to indicate. Here is something that might do it.
- Ability to edit entries.
- Default entries when a new instance is created (i.e. a new user), i.e. we populate it with a few faucets with our referral links.
- Is it possible to make it so that each site only appears once in the database? The present system makes a new entry for each site that each user puts in. Most users will have mostly the same sites overall. I can see the database getting huge otherwise. Ideally it should just be a link as entered by the user – just a text string held in the database and made into a link rather than making a url that calls a php funcion on the server.
There appear to be syntax errors in the plug-in. phpcodechecker.com found some:
- Error: There is 1 more closing parenthesis ‘)’ found
This count is unaware if parenthesis are inside of a string
- Error: There are 4 more closing curly braces ‘}’ found
This count is unaware if curly braces are inside of a string
- PHP Syntax Check: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘else’ (T_ELSE), expecting end of file in your code on line 96
extendsclass.com found no errors though, showing it is good to use more than one!
2021-09-14 – Log Started.
Incorporated php changes made by WPMUdev when imported to test site on their server – “Note: I had to fix your Faucet List plugin as it was causing some issues on our hosting, the exact issue is that the plugin was using PHP short tags ‘<?= instead of <?php’ as our hosting doesn’t support the PHP short tags.”
Fixed deletion of tables when plug-in is disabled and re-enabled.