Typically, lotteries pay out around 50-70% of stakes (turnover) back to players. (wikipedia). We pay 95% and the other 5 goes to clickforchartiy.net
A faucet that gives prizes instead of tiny rewards.
- No need to pay out before getting (or even knowing the amount of) faucet income from ads etc.
- Doesn’t matter how many times people enter, each entry requires a shortlink completion.
Using woocommerce lottery plug-in which saved a lot of work.
running a normal faucet we have to pay out a certain predetermined amount to each visitor, immediately. This leads to several problems.
- We don’t know what the revenue will be until sometime later.
- Subsequent visits by the same user in the same day are worth very little in the shortlinks or ads.
- We are not in control of how much we pay out.
- When we find a botter it’s too late, they already have our BTC.
With a lotto, the users get free tickets and the payout is later, at a time chosen by us, based on actual income, not projected estimates. We only pay what we get, minus the % as advertised in the faucet.
User arrives at the site.
- 3 tickets are presented.
- Each one requires a shortlink (3 different ones) to be completed to add it to their cart.
- User goes to checkout to ‘purchase’ their tickets.
- Enter email and BTC address (unless already signed up)
- Option to create an account with the provided email and BTC address.
- Check out. Process complete.
- When the 1000 ticket reaches 100 sales, 1 draw is registered as pending.
- the 1000 draw is just paid, with an email sent to the winner.
- For 100,000 and 1,000,000, the equivalent number is to be reached before one is registered as pending.
- The bigger prizes can be manually given in the initial stages. Winner notified by email with a link to the claim page.
- Get an extra (1000, 5,000) by tweeting etc (share on 2 networks to qualify) your win with a link to the prizes page. Just ask the 1000 winners to tweet etc, no need for a reward? Too many to check.
- Tweet and FB can both be pre-written for them.
- enail alerts to admin when prizes are due.
- Prize draws can be held off until revenue to cover them is received, new ones added manually and existing ones canceled according to revenues.
- Registration of pending draws is only to give an idea of the proportions, not dictate the actual prizes given out. that is decided by revenue.
- Revenue is split by the advertised %. E.g. 20% goes to ClickForAfrica and 80 to the prize fund.
Another possible way:
- Each drawing is tied to the link shortener revenue for that draw.
- When eg. 1000 sat one has 1000 (or 1100 or whatever) a draw is registered as pending,
- Ad revenues are the profit and are assigned to ClickForAfrica.
I prefer the first way because we can control the % and thus advertise it on the site as 80/20 instead of a complicated paragraph.